Smart words, silly words, wise words, weird words, ridiculous words, sexy words, gullible words, fashion right words or no words. Here you can risk to bump into all.

Sunday 27 March 2011

Fit in/dont fit in?

Sometimes, I feel like I don't fit in. It's not that the people don't like me. Well I don't think they don't. It's when I'm somewhere with a big group, and everyone stands in small groups for themselves. I'll stand for myself and look around, and realize that I cant really talk to any of them. Then eventually I'll go to a group, only to find I can't be part of the conversation, or they don't get my jokes. I'll move on to the next where they'll be acting like I'm not there, or they have in-jokes I'm not part of. Well that's how it feels.
A friend told me today; Just be yourself. It's better to stand a bit out, than not to be noticed. And I guess she's right in theory. But how can you be yourself and relax, when you feel like you need to be part of it all, for standing out? Sometimes it's not easy to be new, and knowing you are leaving soon is not helping it.     -If only you could skip that get-to-know-part. Then it would be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment